What is edamame?
Edamame is an up and coming food product. The history of edamame goes back hundreds of years and is referenced in Japanese haiku poetry as early as the 1600’s.
Edamame is the pod and beans of a young soy plant.
Its popularity is strongest along both coasts and in more progressive cities and college towns. But its ubiquity in big box retailers and grocery stores (Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Kroger, Safeway, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Wegman’s, Ralph’s and so on) and in particular Costco and Sam’s Club is evidence that edamame’s time has come.
• High in protein
• No saturated fats
• Contains minerals and vitamins A and C
• Natural, Non-gmo and kosher
• Nature’s best finger food
• A fun food like no other
• Can be seasoned with salt
and more exotic seasonings
• Not greasy or messy
• Green, sustainable and inexpensive
• Ideal to sell in small portions